A mushroom is the edible fruiting body of a fungus. The edible part consists of a cap, gills and stem, and some grow above ground, some below ground. Care should be taken with identification, as some mushrooms are toxic. The Field Mushroom has a white hemispherical cap, sometimes with scales, that flattens out as it matures, and under the cap are pink gills that mature to brown. The stem can be up to 4″ tall and has a single thin ring round it. Field mushrooms are usually found in fields after rain in late Summer. Agaricus Xanthodermus – the Yellow-staining Mushroom – has yellow at the base of the stem, is poisonous to most people, causing stomach upset, and some other people can eat it without any ill-effects. The cap, which is white with brown tints towards the centre, is convex, becoming flat as it matures. The gills start pale pink and mature to chocolate brown. It has a rather unpleasant smell

Scientific Classification:

Scientific Name: ————
Common Names: ———–
Kingdom: ———–
Native Range: ———-
Family: ————-
Genus: ————

How to care and grow ?

Light:

— thrives best in —

Soil:

— grows well in —

Water:

—-

Temperature:

It prefers a temperature between —

Fertilizer:

Fertilize once a month —

Propagation:

— can be easily propagated by —

Humidity:

It requires moist air.

Pests and Diseases:

It has no serious pest or disease problems.

Write A Comment

5 + 13 =

Pin It